Monday, October 6, 2008

Giving Handmade

Since starting my crafting adventures this year I have a growing appreciation of handmade... and a growing desire to give my own handiwork as gifts. I do wonder a little bit about how this may be perceived. That is, do the recipients think me a tightarse? Or overly proud of my abilities? Let me quickly say that all of my recipients to date are very lovely friends of mine, and my wonderings are reflections of my own insecurities, rather than a reflection of them!



I made this little apron (many thanks to this), and chef's hat (many thanks to this), for a little friend's 4th birthday. Modeled by Winnie. 


The human mini models in the place were not compliant on this occasion so Winnie got the gig. My sister in law gave me a bunch of fabric she wasn't going to use and the stripes are a part of that package. I have been promising Caleb a set of his own, but it seems I don't like to make the same thing twice as I have been very slow to get around to it.

I have added an etsy favourites sidebar after checking out this from Meet me at Mikes (which is a lovely blog by the way).

I had never heard of Etsy until I saw it featured on craft blogs. I can think of maybe one person I know that has heard of it. So strange as it is such a phenomenon. So many very very lovely things. *sigh*

No comments: