Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Evolution of My First Sketchbook




A little friend turned 2 recently and I wanted to make her something. I started out painting her portrait in the style of our own family portrait, but I couldn't get it right. Then I decided to try out this and embroider my sketch instead. I didn't know what I wasn't going to do with it (was originally thinking a little pillow actually), and then this popped into my head as something I wanted to try. After all that, this is what happened.




Next time I make one I'll sew little individual "pouches" into the pocket on the inside of the notebook for crayon homes. I think it would be nice for the crayons to have a little place of their own, no?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the embroidery! It adds so much character :D

Glad you liked the tutorial!