Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Life


teeny-tiny goody-two-shoes made using Meet me at mikes

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Easter weekend! It has all been a bit disorienting for us. Friday felt like Sunday (because we went to church), Saturday felt very out-of-place (even more so because we did some gardening, quite an out-of-place activity for us!), but now we are back on track. Today feels like Sunday. 

It's been a reasonably quiet weekend, in between church on Friday and Sunday, all of which has given us the head space to reflect on the basis of our faith- that Jesus lived, died, and rose again so that new life is available to us all. This is something that I have believed just about my whole life.  This is a new Australian doco about Jesus. It was on Channel 7 on Friday afternoon.

So, back to craftiness: The little shoes I made for a new little guy that was born a week and a bit ago. They came together fairly easily, though sewing around curves and doing the whole "easing" thing needs a little practice. I'm also pretty sure there is a marking that is not on the pattern, but it is pretty obvious how they go together by the time you get to that point. I am totally making more of these. Pink ones next for my latest first-cousin-once-removed, one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen. Apart from my own of course.

Enjoy the rest of the long weekend! Happy Easter!


3 comments:

Madeline said...

Happy Easter to you too!!!...the little shoes are lovely. :)

Mr Lee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
gemma @ loz and dinny said...

Happy Easter! Good going on the booties - my mate has bought the book - she doesn't know it yet - but I'm going to swindle it. That's for going in my giveaway - good luck!!