Saturday, April 18, 2009

Caleb makes a doll





It's my sister's birthday, and the confetti cookies are in the oven. I have bought her a gift from Lark online, but I only ordered it this week, so I will be offering the cookies as an IOU at birthday dinner tonight.

Caleb has been wanting to make a snow man out of a sock ever since he saw a particular episode on playschool a little while ago. I got some free socks from a work fundraiser last term, so we put one of the pair to good use. It morphed into something of a self portrait. I did the sewing, but Caleb did the stuffing, the drawing and the choosing of the scarf and button. This mini Caleb will be gifted to Aunty Sarah this evening, because in his words, "Aunty Sarah really really loves me doesn't she." Well, of course little monkey.


2 comments:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Caleb did a wonderful job!
My oldest,who is 17 now,made a doll with me when she was about 8 or 9.
She cherished for many years and so did I.
I'm sad to say that when we moved here about 2 yrs ago it came up missing.

edward and lilly said...

I'm so impressed by his doll making skills!