Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cuddle Pillows

I have found inspiration over at Loobylu. I love Claire's work and her blog very much indeed.

Before...

After...



I prefer the look of embroidery for the face like the Loobylu original, but after being unhappy about how my embroidery was turning out, I quick unpicked and painted the faces instead. I had a little internal struggle about what fabric to use. I really wanted to buy some new stuff. However, I do feel a sense of satisfaction that I didn't have to go to the shops at all for this project. I just rearranged some things that were already in the house and these two cuddly friends were born. I wonder who else is waiting in the wings, currently unassembled? 

By the way, I received my copy of Meet me at Mikes today. I lurve it. Just owning it makes me feel more crafty. Well done, Pip. It is fabulous.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Those are adorable. And, I love that you painted the faces. Pillows beware!!

Christina Lowry said...

Great job! Please give them a cuddle from me! :)