Thursday, August 12, 2010

There's nothing like a deadline...


... to overcome crafty procrastination. This is my baby quilt in progress. I finished putting the top together yesterday and wondered if I would ever baste, quilt and bind it.

I hate basting a lot. I am also not a huge fan of machine quilting.

I am not quite sure why I decided to make a quilt like this and not the good ole tied-quilt-with-chenille-backing that I have made a little stack of. I think perhaps I (a) wanted to do something different, and (b) I wanted to have another crack at the process without going crazy like I did last time.

Anyways, the machine quilting is done already and it is less than 24 hours after I finished the quilt top. I was not expecting that!

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love the fabric mix. And really, it's not so bad, this quilting thing, is it? (The basting still does me in though...)

Sally said...

Looking lovely :) Such a special project. I'm awash with warm fuzzy feelings.

Madeline said...

Love it! You're way ahead of me. I'm still piecing together the girl quilt. But, I did at least find fabric for the boy blanket. Yay!