The lovely Monique from A Glass Half Full tagged me with the happiness meme. It has been a while since I last participated in a meme. Usually I think about what I would say and never get around to writing it.
Also I am a little bit shy.
Nevertheless, today is a perfect day for articulating just what does make me happy and firing it off into the world. Today is not a bad day, just an uncomfortable day. It is raining quite hard, and this morning 15 minutes before the school run I started having killer Braxton Hicks contractions and could hardly walk. I nearly called my husband home so that he could take the kids to school/preschool but, thankfully they passed and I was able to safely drop them off, and then do a rather large grocery shop.
Usually on a “kid free day” I run around doing all sorts of things, but today I gave myself permission to chill. Here comes some basic happiness inducers from this morning…
1. After coming home and (half) putting away the groceries I sat down and had a cup of hot chocolate, turned on the TV, read a magazine and ate a blueberry muffin.
2. Then I had a shower and got some relief from some foot and back cramps. Ah.
3. Then I hopped into bed and slept for about 45 minutes until my baby in situ attacked me from the inside.
4. It is nice to feel my baby move. My favourite pregnancy thang. So looking forward to meeting her in 3 weeks or so.
And furthermore in happy town…
5. Making something (crafty or culinary) that turned out really well.
6. Going to IKEA.
7. The new paint and carpet in my house. And how it inspires me to keep it clean (but I won’t be doing any cleaning today however- and that makes me happy too)
And digging deeper…
8. Being a Christian. Started out as a kid-believer and still going strong. It feels silly and simplisitc to say “God makes me happy,” because there is so much more to it than that, and it’s not always that easy… but in a top 10 of happy stuff, I can’t really not mention Him! He is a source of great joy.
9. My husband. He’s pretty funny, and fun to hang out with, and very graciously allows me to make fun of him. Oh, and he is very helpful which also makes me happy.
10. My kiddies. Jemima’s wild blonde hair in the morning, and Caleb’s cheeky monkey grin. Watching them have fun together, making friends, enjoying their birthdays, listening to them talk to themselves (definitely something they inherited from me), giving them cuddles, them asking to kiss my tummy so they can kiss the baby. Blah blah blah, I could go on!
But my rest day is over and it is time to pick them up!
If you haven’t been tagged already, consider yourself tagged and tell us what makes you happy!