Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The day the op shop came to me

When you are a newly inspired crafter, and the only one for miles, I have found you can sometimes be the fortunate recipient of a stash reduction. This was such a time.

One of my mum's dearest friends was having a clear out, and rather than stop in at Vinnies, she gave stuff to me. And I am very thankful! (And not sure where to start!)

We're talking craft books and patterns from the 70s...


Some fabric...


And a very special treasure chest...


Lovely old buttons lie within, some from the 20s apparently. (A little too precious for my novice crafting perhaps??) Unfortunately, blogger is having issues with uploading my buttons photo, so I will have to do a big reveal another time!

Now, where to put all of this stuff? 

(Hey, and thanks for all the sand car love! They are pretty awesome, yes.)


5 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Oooh, I'm very envious! Would love to see the button shots when blogger is behaving.

Madeline said...

Can you see me turning green with envy? :) You got a very nice bundle of treats!

CurlyPops said...

OMG don't you just love it when someone offloads like that!
I can't wait to see the treasures in the button tin.

Christina Lowry said...

How beautiful that she thought to give her stash to you! I bet she's happy too, knowing that it will go to a good home and be made into something. :)

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Ooh!
How fun...I do love it when friends or family unload thier crafty stashes to me.
Looks like you got some wonderful items.Can't wait to see the buttons!