Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Jemima




My baby girl turned 2 today. For a couple of weeks she has been saying "my birthday soon?" and could tell you how old she was turning. She wanted a candle cake, then a princess cake, then a Barbie cake (thanks to Caleb's suggestion- she has no idea who or what Barbie is), and then we settled on a pink donut cake. This was easy enough as I have a ring cake tin, so no crazy cake construction was required.

We went to the zoo to celebrate and then had chicken nuggets and chips (madam's favourite dish) with my parents and sister for dinner. 

You may recognise her birthday dress as the Sugar City Servant dress. This is my third, and favourite so far. It truly is a delightful pattern. So easy to make and so sweet- took me about 2 hours from start to finish, and I am a slow sewer. The fabric was part of this stash. 

We are all very exhausted, but had a great day!

I can't believe that she is two already... *sigh*

Oh and many thanks to those who posted encouraging comments on my previous post. Much appreciated! 

5 comments:

Annie said...

Awww! Happy birthday, Jemima!!!! Sounds like a beautiful day! Oh, my, they do grow so quickly.

Madeline said...

Oops! That was me up there. Didn't realize my sister was signed in on my computer!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Aw,I hope she ahs a wonderful birthday.
I love her bright blonde hair...at least it looks like it from the picture.The dress is darling btw!

Christina Lowry said...

I never understood when my mum said things to other people like "I can remember when they were born, and now they are _ years old. Time flies." Now I totally understand and I know I will be saying the same thing in front of Cohen and he will probably be embarassed!

Happy 2nd Birthday! Love your dress and the donut cake sounds very cool! :)

Bird Bath said...

hooray for the birthday girl...sounds like a lovely celebration.
she looks extremely cute - the dress is a beauty!