Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fun and friends


This is the little painty project for a friend's birthday that I alluded to in yesterday's post. Another family portrait in Babushka form. No, the family in question does not have a chipmunk as a pet. Actually this is my artist's interpretation of their (enormous, actually, as far as I'm concerned) black german shepherd. I'm quite happy with how it turned out and was very excited to gift it this morning.

I spent a lovely day today with some dear friends from university days and their kids. It's so good to spend time with people who you've known for years and years, and knew you when you were young and very silly, and still like you anyway! If any of you are reading this post, THANK YOU for a great day and long standing friendship!

4 comments:

edward and lilly said...

Aww, these are so cute, I love the German shepherd one, I bet the family was chuffed with their gift.

That Crazy Ajumma said...

What a clever idea and they turned out so very cute!
I know what you mean about long time friends.I have several I still visit with from my grade school years.
Thank you for your kind words on my blog the other day.I feel a better than the last 2 weeks for sure.

Jacqui said...

Aw Bek - those are sooo cool, I had an awesome time at your place and felt so revitalised after my bad day before - hooray for uni friends

FutureLint said...

what fun! those are so cute!