Monday, September 14, 2009

Eye Spy... seasons change


I have managed to play along with Eye Spy this week! Thanks to Lisa for this week's theme of "seasons change". It was pretty easy as evidence of Spring time is everywhere you look! The warmer weather on the weekend inspired me to make Jemima a new dress for the new season.

I have had my eye on this tutorial for a while, and then I saw what Dana made (I love the buttons!). I used Dana's measurements, which I think would be about a size 2 Australian. I increased the length a little to make it into a dress. I am wondering about adding a sash from the same fabric. Yes, I surely will.

The fabric is a lovely light seersucker that I was given, and in fact the buttons were given to me as well. You may remember I was the lucky recipient of some pretty grand stash reductions during the year.

Next time I will make the sleeves a bit wider so there is more rufflyness! I must have done something wrong there. I always make at least one mistake!

I was thrilled when Jemima saw the dress this morning and said "Can I wear that today?". Win!

More Eye Spy here.


9 comments:

Gina said...

Sweet work Bek. I struggle with making stuff for the boys... girls seem more gratifying to sew for. Or maybe that's just my excuse.

Madeline said...

Jemima is cuter than cute! If I'm ever blessed with a little girl, I'm going digging through your blog archives to find little girl craft inspiration. You always find the cutest tutorials, and make the sweetest stuff for her.

Sarah-Jo said...

eye spy cuteness!!!

Lisa said...

Love the top and the tutorial looks quite quick and easy too. Will have to add to my to dos.

dana said...

I love it long as a dress! CUTE!

Aussie-waffler said...

So sweet and summery.

Sally said...

A delightful frock and a sweet cherub wearing it - how lucky are you???
Congratulations on the win - gotta savour those moments!

Sarah Slaven said...

That last photo of her is so cute.Its so special when they love the things you make.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress and absolute WIN! Oh there's nothing better than little ones loving what you make for them is there?