Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nesting?




I never got any nesting urges in my previous pregnancies, but this time around, I feel a little bit like our baby's arrival is a deadline for getting a whole lot of cleaning out and crafting done. I know from previous experience that life does indeed go on after baby comes, but I guess I want to be as prepared as possible to simply enjoy the last time I will bring a newborn home.

Pictured above is Caleb's snuggly blanket. Another giant granny like Jemima's, but a bigger hook (8.5 I think) and Lincraft's Veronica yarn. I started this last year and ran out of yarn, so it's nice to get it finished. And Caleb likes it. So does Chris. So do I. I think that I need to make another one.


These are the result of some impulse buying when I was at Lincraft buying yarn. I bought the letters and used some acrylic paint to decorate. The patterns are traced from the Stencil 101 book by Ed Roth. (But not used as stencils as I wanted the brown to show through the white. For some reason.)

They need to be spray varnished, but as the gloss I have has a warning on it (something about being toxic for unborn babies, yikes) that will be done either later or by someone else!

5 comments:

Megan said...

well done on finishing caleb's blanket, he must be a happy, perfect snuggley blanket weather now too. did you block it? i've never blocked before so i'm interested in who does and who doesn't, so that when i finally get to the end of a crochet project i can decide whether i want to or not!

Madeline said...

I never got any official nesting urges with Levi either. I wonder if I'll get any with this one.

The blanket looks wonderfully cuddly. And, the letters turned out super cute.

Bubby Makes Three said...

psssst - I've dobbed you in for a little quiz I got sent today from a fellow blogger!! Love you to take part, visit my blog tomoz morn for the questions -- no pressure, of course! x

Sally said...

I adore the granny blanket - wonderful colours. I think next blanket I make I'll use a bigger hook. The larger stitches look fantastic.
Hope you're keeping well. Thinking of you!!!

Allana said...

That granny is gorgeous, if you can do those you could certainly manage a little amigurumi. The book I have is brilliant,will be buying myself a copy so I don't pinch it from the library forever. and yes, Spottie for the leather rug. :)