Saturday, May 29, 2010

Giant Granny Square


I started making Caleb a giant granny out of very chunky yarn last winter, but ran out and haven't been back to Lincraft since. Not sure why. So that is still on the go, but the desire to do some simple TV craft meant that Jemima has scored a blanket first.

I have to use acrylic yarn because I am pretty sure I am allergic to wool (such a shame!) so this is just an 8 ply acrylic from my local "junk shop" as we affectionately call it. She is mad for pink and purple, so that's what it is.

8 comments:

Allana said...

I love it!! the colours are great. Love her quilt you made too. what a lovely sleepy spot :)

Beck said...

Gorgeous!! How snug, your daughter is doing well this winter xo

Kate said...

It looks fab! She must love going to bed these days.

IndigoElephant :: Sash said...

Love it Bek... that is on my list of things to learn! And if that's a fast watching-TV-project, then I must learn soon!!

Megan said...

lovely! I think I need to have a go at making one of these, many many less ends to be sewn in this way!!

sarah london said...

gorgeous!

Madeline said...

It looks great. Did you use a pattern?

Sally said...

Brilliant. I started one of these when I first started to crochet. I ran out of yarn and it now sits in a cupboard. I am trying to convince my partner to finish it for me as I have lost interest in it these days.